Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Western Bureau: Last week, the Child Protection and Family Services Agency announced that this is a historic year for them after a record number of wards became eligible for universities. And top of the lot is star performer Ainsley Rodhen, who...
\t On Friday, internet and international calls were cut off across the West African nation in anticipation of the election results, according to locals and international observers in the capital, Conakry.
\t This was the third time that Conde matched-up against Diallo. Before the election, observers raised concerns that an electoral dispute could reignite ethnic tensions between Guinea's largest ethnic groups.
The former president was speaking at a rally in support of Democratic candidate Joe Biden. He took incumbent President Donald Trump to task over his handling of the pandemic, white supremacy and lying. Trump hit back.
Robyn Rihanna Fenty, 32, was recently certified by Forbes as the richest female musician in the world. Her fortune adds up to $600 million, ahead of the likes of Madonna ($570 million), Céline Dion ($450 million) and Beyoncé ($400 million). This year, she debuted on Forbes' list of richest self-made women in America. The list,...
The post How Rihanna, the world's richest female musician, built a $600 million net worth appeared first on Face2Face Africa.
The man who drove his gas tanker into a crowd of peaceful protesters on a closed-down Minneapolis interstate in May... View Article
The post Man who drove semi-truck into BLM protesters charged appeared first on TheGrio.
At least six children were killed when gunmen raided a school in Koumba, southwest Cameroon on Saturday.
Fransisca International Bi-lingual Academy was the victim of the attack.
TV pictures showed a blood stained floor in a room littered with classroom furniture.
An eyewitness, a student at the school - told africanews that he had gunshots before running to hide.
\"We were having the French language lesson when we heard gunshots. The teacher was the first to escape and I heard people shouting. When I came back to check, I saw dead bodies in the primary [school] section,\" said the student whose identity we're keeping for his own safety.
Schools in Cameroon's English-speaking regions reopned two weeks after a lengthy disruption by armed violence and the pandemic - with government promising to give protection to education institutions.
Civilian installations as well as military ones have been targeted in Cameroon's conflict. Rights groups have accused government forces and militia fighters of committing atrocities.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack but authorities put the blame on Ambazonia rebels, a loose militia fighting for the independence of northwest and south Cameroon.
\"... I ask the people to stand up to fight these terrorists today in Kumba, we must put an end to this; our children must go to school, they must not be targets because they demand their education,\" said Ali Aonougu, the administrative head of Koumba sub-division.
Hundreds have been killed in the violence which broke out in 2017 and tens of thousands have been displaced.
THE Zimbabwe National Water Authority (Zinwa) has reportedly refused to restore water supplies to Binga Rural District Council until the local authority has paid at least $300 000 of its $1,5 million debt. BY PRAISEMORE SITHOLE Zinwa cut off water supplies to Binga in September, forcing residents and business operators to turn to boreholes and other unsafe water sources. Binga Residents Association vice-chairperson Samson Sibanda said Zinwa recently met council officials and indicated that it would restore water supplies after the local authority has paid at least $300 000 towards settling the bill. “We met and agreed on the way forward for water to be reopened. Council is the one that owes Zinwa money and not the residents. For water to be reopened Zinwa said they require at least $300 000 from the council,” Sibanda said. “Residents of Masoja area who are affected by the water cut started to protest and demonstrate saying they had been paying council and the issue has to be resolved immediately.” Binga district development co-ordinator Farai Marinyame confirmed that stakeholders met on Wednesday to try to resolve the crisis. “I was not on the ground, but there was a meeting between Zinwa, residents and the council to solve the ongoing water crisis. For now there is still no water as council is still negotiating with Zinwa so that they take that project,” Marinyame said. “The main problem is that residents are not paying up.” Binga RDC chief executive officer Joshua Muzamba said he was still out of Binga. “I am still out of Binga, just look for those on the ground who can give you information,” he said. Zinwa spokesperson Marjorie Munyonga, who previously pleaded with residents to pay up, yesterday said she was out of office and was yet to be briefed on the latest developments.
Sierra Leone Telegraph: 23 October 2020: Newly appointed United Nations Resident to Sierra Leone – Mr. Babatunde Ahonsi, last Thursday called on President Dr Julius Maada Bio to present his letter of appointment by the UN Secretary General. ”It is with utmost humility and great honour that I present my credentials as the United Nations…
By LISA MASCARO and MARY CLARE JALONICK Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett won crucial backing when one of the last Republican holdouts against filling the seat during an election season announced support for President Donald Trump's pick ahead of a confirmation vote expected Monday. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, declared her support Saturday during a rare weekend Senate session as Republicans race to confirm Barrett before Election Day. Senators are set Sunday to push ahead, despite Democratic objections that the winner of the White House on Nov. 3 should make the choice to fill the […]
The post Murkowski's nod gives Barrett extra boost for Supreme Court appeared first on Black News Channel.
FORMER Vice-President Phelekezela Mphoko and his son Siqokoqela have taken the Botswana-headquartered Choppies Enterprises, its distribution centre and Nanavac Investments to court demanding an outstanding US$44 million for their 51% shares in the company. BY SILAS NKALA The family held shares in the supermarket chain before it was pushed out in January last year. Through their lawyer Zibusiso Ncube, Mphoko and his son filed summons at the Bulawayo High Court seeking an order declaring their entitlement to payment of the true value of the 51% shares they held before being booted out. The Mphokos also claimed interest at the rate of 5% per annum from January 9, 2019, when they were unlawfully divested of their shareholding, to date of full payment. In their declaration of the claim, the Mphokos submitted that at all material time, they were the majority shareholders of Nanavac Investments, holding an aggregate of 51% shares. “First applicant (Siqokoqela) held 25,5% shares and second applicant (Phelekezela) held 25,5% shares in first defendant (Nanavac Investments), while the second defendant (Choppies Enterprises) held the remaining 49% of the first defendant (Nanavac Investments)’ shares,” reads the declaration. “In about 2018, a dispute arose between first applicant and second defendant resulting in the second and third defendants instituting legal proceedings against first plaintiff and his wife and the first defendant at the High Court. The second defendant instituted malicious and false criminal complaints to the police, resulting in the institution of magistrates’ court proceedings against the first plaintiff and his wife.” They said the proceedings resulted in their arrest and detention and on January 9 in order to secure freedom, the Mphokos signed a deed of settlement with Choppies Enterprises in terms of which they disposed of their shareholding in Nanavac Investments to Choppies Enterprises. “The deed of settlement between the parties provided that the two plaintiffs were to be paid US$2,9 million by second defendant for the acquisition of plaintiffs’ full rights and title to the first defendant’s shareholding,” they said. “The payment of first applicant’s salary which was due from first defendant had been unlawfully stopped and threats of foreclosure on a mortgage bond in which first applicant had acquired funds from a local bank which the plaintiff could only service if he was not in detention and was receiving his salary from first defendant, the second plaintiff made him sign the deed of settlement in fear of the continued persecution of his son and his daughter in law by second defendant.” The Mphokos said the unlawful deed of settlement understated value of the shareholding they owned in that US$2,9 million offered for the shares constituted about 7% as opposed to 51% of the value of the shares in Nanavac Investments, which was given as US$44 million at the Botswana Stock Exchange. “The second defendant paid the sum of US$2,9 million in local currency, where shareholding was purportedly being acquired
WASHINGTON, DC, United States (AP) - Their final debate behind them, President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden are packaging their divergent personal styles and policy prescriptions into closing messages for the final sprint to election day.The novel coronavirus was a central topic for both candidates yesterday as Trump headed to Florida and Biden prepared to address the topic in Delaware.
For the first time in nearly 50 years, older workers face higher unemployment than their midcareer counterparts, according to a... View Article
The post Older workers face higher unemployment amid virus pandemic appeared first on TheGrio.
Investigators are now at the scene of a murder near the intersection of Waltham Park Road and Molynes Road in St Andrew. \tThe Gleaner understands that the incident took place at a garage. \tThe police say the murder happened about 1:55 p.m...
… occurrences don’t happen to African-Americans in this community.”
Commenting on …
Today Representatives sent a letter to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) urging them to immediately reverse the recent interim policy decision “COVID-19 Pandemic: Work Eligible for Public Assistance.”