Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
If the influence of other foreign powers loomed over Kamala Harris' trip, she tried to deepen and reframe U.S. relationships with the continent.
Nationwide protests have taken place since October 7 despite the disbanding of the controversial Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) police unit.
The demonstrators have been accused of attacking police stations and personnel.
The rallies which are mostly attended by young people have become avenues to vent against corruption and unemployment.
Rights groups say at least 15 people have been killed the demonstrations began in early October.
A majority of registered voters say the economy has become the most important issue ahead of the 2020 presidential election and may potentially affect their choice for president, according to a new Gallup poll.
BY SHARON SIBINDI BULAWAYO-BASED internationally-acclaimed Imbube/Iscathamiya group Black Umfolosi has scored big after its latest album Washabalala Umhlaba (Earth Song) was featured on the World Music Charts Europe (WMCE) for this month. The album, the group’s 17th production, was released in July and stormed the WMCE’s top 10 where it sits on seventh position out of 114 charts. In an interview with NewsDay Life & Style yesterday, Black Umfolosi founder, Sotja Moyo said over the years their achievements have been self-explanatory. “We managed to reach this far through our music marketing company Arc Music based in the United Kingdom. This shows that we are one of the big groups without a doubt from Africa,” he said. Moyo bemoaned lack of appreciation back home. “Only at home have we struggled to be appreciated…….As there is this saying, a prophet will never be honoured in his/her hometown. We have learnt to receive it in that way and it’s a pity,” he said. “We are not fortunate enough to come out from a community that celebrates its own. If that happens, it will be more partisan and holds so much embarrassment for the sector. As a nation, we are yet to come to a time when people will be truly honoured according to their hard work and achievements.” Moyo said the group had travelled to a lot of cities where they saw artistes celebrated and honoured. “As Black Umfolosi, we have travelled the world, went to cities where big world artistes come from. For example, we have been in Tennessee where that country's music icon Dolly Parton comes from. “As you enter the city either by road or through the airport, you will be welcomed by big posters or billboards and buses written “Home of Dolly” with her beautiful face on them, then come to us, Bulawayo in particular, none of that while we have so many artistes, dance and music groups that deserve to be honoured.”
Make sure you and your friends and loved ones are registered to vote, be sure to double-check your registration, and develop a plan for voting well in advance of the election – whether that be voting by mail, voting early, or showing up to the polls on November 3rd! Click on the buttons below to get started.
It wasn't just that Allen West defended a caravan of pro-Trump truck drivers surrounding a Biden campaign bus in an apparent act of intimidation. How he defended it matters too.
BY MOSES MATENGA THE ruling Zanu PF and opposition MDC Alliance yesterday said they were going ahead with preparations for by-elections despite the recent poll ban imposed by Vice-President Constantino Chiwenga. In announcing the ban, Chiwenga, who doubles as Health minister, cited COVID-19 fears, but his decision has been widely dismissed with the World Health Organisation last week saying elections could still be safely held as long as authorities enforce certain safety measures. Some voters have challenged the ban in court, with constitutional law experts saying they stood a greater chance of winning the case. At the weekend, both parties were in the trenches holding primary elections in various parts of the country, saying they were confident the ban would be reversed soon. Several constituencies are without representation in Parliament after Thokozani Khupe recalled 32 MDC Alliance MPs accusing them of defecting from her MDC-T party. Zanu PF national commissar Victor Matemadanda said his party was on the ground for any eventuality, insisting that the people needed representation “at all times”. “The ban doesn’t have anything to do with the preparation because COVID-19 will come to an end and elections will be there, but meanwhile, people want service, so we can’t have a time we say politics is on leave in a constituency where there are people,” Matemadanda said. “Therefore, we are preparing until elections are called for so we remain prepared.” Zanu PF held primary elections in Epworth where Kudakwashe Damson emerged victorious. This was the second primary election after Chiwenga’s declaration, with the one held in Kwekwe Central to replace the late National Patriotic Front MP Masango Matambanadzo being aborted due to intra-party violence. The Epworth seat fell vacant following the recall of MDC Alliance MP Ethenrige Kureva by Khupe. The MDC Alliance also held primary elections in Kuwadzana to choose a candidate to replace Miriam Mushayi who passed on in September. Party secretary-general Chalton Hwende said the ban was unconstitutional and by-elections would be held anytime. “We held a primary election for Kuwadzana where we lost Honourable Mushayi. We are not doing primary elections for the recalled MPs because we have maintained that the move was unconstitutional,” Hwende said. Hwende is one of the 32 MPs recalled by the MDC-T. “We have maintained that the ban on by-elections is unconstitutional and Parliament has weighed in and also stated that it is unconstitutional. “We insist the law must be upheld and that is why we are busy preparing and also Zanu PF is preparing because they know that they cannot violate the Constitution. Zanu PF is also holding primary elections and it means they are preparing for elections anytime.” Last month, Chiwenga announced postponement of the by-elections indefinitely before Speaker of Parliament Jacob Mudenda told Parliament on Thursday that Statutory Instrument 225A of 2020 had been deemed unconstitutional by the Parliamentary Legal Committee. He, however, appeared to make a
After saying it may not provide updated COVID-19 case data this weekend as it upgrades its national electronic disease surveillance system, Tennessee reported an increase of more than 1,180 cases statewide on Saturday. The Tennessee Department of Health announced in a news release late Friday that it may not be able to update its virus […]
by KEVIN MAPASURE ZIMBABWE national cricket team captain Chamu Chibhabha is confident of upsetting Pakistan in their limited overs series this month. Chibhabha and his team departed Harare yesterday ahead of the tour that features three T-20 Internationals and as many One Day Internationals (ODI). The last time Zimbabwe toured Pakistan they were whitewashed in both versions of limited overs, but they did manage to put up some competition. Chibhabha is one of the six players that made the historic 2015 tour and are in the squad that left for Pakistan yesterday. The ODI series is particularly important as it carries points in the Super League where top seven teams will get automatic qualification to the 2023 World |Cup. Zimbabwe failed to make it to the 2015 edition. Chibhabha acknowledged Pakistan’s favourites tag but said that he was confident of leading the team to victories. “We have played Pakistan before and we have beaten them before. We believe we can play well and compete and considering that the matches are part of the Super League, every match that we play is going to be very important,” Chibhabha said. “The more matches we win, the better our chances of qualifying for the World Cup, so it’s very important for us that we do well.” He said the players were excited to finally get back to international cricket following a lengthy COVID-19-induced lay off. Several home and away tours were cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. “The guys are really excited to go to Pakistan. The wait is over. In a couple of days’ time we will hit the ground running. We have had a couple of weeks of training, we have played a couple of games, you know. The Premier League is on, so guys played some matches and they are good and ready.” Pakistan have been active following their tour of England and will be better prepared for the Zimbabwe visit, but their guests are happy with the practice they have had over the last few weeks. “They (Pakistan) have managed to play some matches while we have just been sitting at home, but I feel we are well-prepared. We have had a good chance to prepare, we have had some good match practice, the Premier League has helped a lot.” The Chevrons are happy with the return of Blessing Muzarabani following a stint in England. “Muzarabani is a quality bowler and having him in the team is a blessing, for it's always tough facing somebody that tall. I hope he is going to be leading the bowling attack.” Chibhabha suffered the heartbreak of falling on 99 in one of the ODIs in 2015 and he hopes this time around he can find that sort of form again. “I can only hope that I can find some form like I did in 2015. I hope that when I get to Pakistan', I can pick up from where I left. I was dismissed on 99 the last time we were in Pakistan. I have to prepare myself well and try and get that form.” Former skipper Elton Chigumbura is one of the players that toured Pakistan the last time and is in the squad for this one. He too enjoyed some fine form with the bat scoring a half tone in the first T-20 before hitting a c
NNPA NEWSWIRE — Congresswoman Joyce Beatty (OH-03), Chair of the House Financial Services Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee, recently introduced a bill (H.R. 8595) to invalidate Executive Order 13950 and preserve diversity and inclusion training programs at federal departments and agencies as well as in the private sector. By Stacy M. Brown, NNPA Newswire Senior National […]
The post Trump’s Latest Executive Orders Seen as Attempts to Sabotage a Biden Administration and Eliminate Diversity and Inclusion Programs appeared first on The Orlando Advocate.
The potential of violence is threatening to further divide the United States of America ahead of one of the most consequential presidential elections in modern history.