Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Mourners waving white handkerchiefs gathered at a Lusaka stadium for a state memorial service for Zambia's first president, who died last month aged 97.
In May, Burundi held a presidential election which was won by Evariste Ndayishimiye, candidate of the ruling National Council for the Defense of Democracy - Forces for the Defense of Democracy (CNDD-FDD) party.
Ndayishimiye was hurriedly sworn in after the untimely death of president Pierre Nkurunziza in June.
Rights violations continue
The Council encouraged donor countries which had suspended aid to Burundi to continue dialogue towards resumption of development assistance.
A report by a UN watchdog in September said human rights violations were still being committed in Burundi, including sexual violence and murder.
The country was plunged into a crisis in April 2015 when Ndayishimiye’s predecessor Pierre Nkurunziza decided to run for a controversial third term, which he ultimately won in July 2015.
His candidature, which was opposed by the opposition and civil society groups, resulted in a wave of protests, violence and even a failed coup in May 2015.
Hundreds of people were killed and over 300,000 fled to neighboring countries.
Malawians have mourned the death former Zambian President Kenneth Kaunda whose father hailed from Malawi. Kaunda died yesterday at a hospital in Lusaka. The 97-year-old was president of Zambia from 1964 to 1991. Former President Peter Mutharika said in a Facebook post that Kaunda is a hero who fought very hard for the liberation of […]
The post Malawians mourn Kenneth Kaunda appeared first on Malawi 24.
‘Hola Guyana,’ the sole Spanish/Latin radio programme on the local airwaves, on Wednesday marked a year since it first aired in Guyana.
The article ‘Hola Guyana’ celebrates first anniversary appeared first on Stabroek News.
THE Messenger of Court, assisted by the police last week evicted 12 families from Cyrene Farm in Figtree which is owned by the Anglican Province of Central Africa Church in the Diocese of Matabeleland. BY SILAS NKALA Over 500 illegal settlers had invaded Cyrene Farm since 2003. The church’s efforts to evict them hit a snag despite the High Court granting it an eviction order in 2003. Of late, the farm had been hit by new invasions, prompting the church to seek the reinstatement of the High Court order against the settlers. The settlers were given seven days to vacate the farm by the High Court or be forcibly evicted, but they did not heed the call. In August, the Messenger of Court with the assistance of police evicted 11 families and on Tuesday, an additional 12 families were evicted and their properties were dumped along the Plumtree-Bulawayo Highway, bringing the total evictions to 23. The church officials expressed concern that the settlers returned to their illegal shelters soon after the evictions. “I think the problem is that the court order does not prescribe demolition of the illegal settlements. They only remove household property and the challenge is that they go back afterwards to their illegal shelters,” said a church official who preferred anonymity. The settlers started occupying the farm in 2000 at the height of the land reform programme and there has been a new wave of illegal occupations at the farm. Farm workers and church officials said of late the settlers have been committing crimes such as vandalising of fencing materials, destruction of vegetation, gold panning and stock theft. They recently appealed to President Emmerson Mnangagwa to intervene and stop what they described as lawlessness and wanton illegal occupation of Cyrene Farm. Recently, the Diocesan trustees, Right Reverend Cleophas Lunga, Very Reverend Fritz N Madida and Reverend FR Moffat Musasa wrote a letter to the chief lands officer Matabeleland South indicating that the farm belonged to the church and that they were worried over fresh invasions. “Prior to the illegal settlement on the farm in the year 2000 onward a portion of the farm was utilised for game ranching. As alluded to, the farm was invaded by settlers illegally in the year 2000 onward. It had not been gazetted for resettlement in the land reform programme (letter from lands officer: I/183/MS dated November 4 2014 refers),” the letter read in part.
The Zambian government has declared 21 days of national mourning for that country’s first president Kenneth Kaunda, who died at the age of 97 yesterday at Maina Soko Medical Centre in Lusaka, Zambia. In a statement confirming the nationalist’s demise, Zambia’s Secretary to the Cabinet Simon Miti said entertainment activities would be suspended while the …
The post 21 days of national mourning for Kenneth Kaunda appeared first on The Times Group Malawi.
BY HARRIET CHIKANDIWA Members of Parliament moved a motion to convey a condolence message to the late Zambian President Kenneth David Buchizya
The post MPs mourn Kaunda appeared first on NewsDay Zimbabwe.
President Donald Trump has filed a fury of lawsuits in several battleground states and refuses to concede to Democratic President-elect... View Article
The post Trump's poll watcher complaints don't equal voter fraud appeared first on TheGrio.
[New Frame] Corruption in all its forms is the predatory enrichment of a minority at the expense of the impoverished majority, and should not be tolerated.