Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
This week at least four people were killed by gunmen in Goma, capital of DRC's North Kivu province
Many people have been killed since clashes began on Monday. Scores too had been killed in the run up to the vote as protestors marched against Conde's bid for a third term.
By DAVID CRARY AP National Writer Among transgender-rights activists, there's a powerful mix of hope and fear heading toward the Nov. 3 election. They're yearning for President Donald Trump's defeat but dreading the possibility that his administration might win four more years and continue targeting them with hostile policies. 'The stakes are extremely high,' said Shannon Minter, a transgender attorney with the National Center for Lesbian Rights. 'It seems clear that President Trump intends to use the full power of the presidency and the executive branch to inflict maximum damage on the transgender community.' Among the administration's moves that have […]
The post For transgender activists, election stokes hopes and fears appeared first on Black News Channel.
The street to renewable energy technology has been paved, and increasingly buyers wish to be alongside for the trip. Many individuals consider a Biden win will probably be a victory…
Unbeaten lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov retired from mixed martial arts after stopping Justin Gaethje with a triangle choke early in the second round at UFC 254 on Saturday night. Nurmagomedov (29-0) made the announcement immediately after he impressively finished his first fight since the death of his father and lifelong coach in July. Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov had a heart problem exacerbated […]
(AP): US Vice President Mike Pence plans to maintain an aggressive campaign schedule this week despite an apparent outbreak of COVID-19 among his senior aides, the White House says.\tPence’s chief of staff, Marc Short, and “a couple...
LAGOS, Nigeria (AFP) - Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari has faced a jihadist insurgency and economic recession, but youth protests that have spiralled into widespread unrest appear to be his biggest challenge yet. The 77-year-old former military ruler has drawn fierce criticism for his slow response as the shooting of demonstrators unleashed chaos in Africa's largest city, Lagos.
NURSES have objected to the decision by the Health ministry to scrap the flexible working hours system so that they can work for 40 hours a week. BY HARRIET CHIKANDIWA Health secretary Jasper Chimedza on October 19 directed provincial medical directors to resume normal working hours for all nurses, saying the flexi working hours were creating artificial nurse shortages. But Zimbabwe Nurses Association president Enock Dongo, in a letter to Chimedza dated October 21, objected to the order, accusing the permanent secretary of making unilateral decisions. “The decision to implement the flexible working hour system is a product of agreement within the HSBNP [Health Service Bipartite Negotiating Panel]. It was not given unilaterally by the government nor did the employees adopt it on their own accord,” Dongo said. “With this in mind, your decision to unilaterally remove a system which you found in place and, in any event, was reached by agreement, is irregular and certainly not in good faith.” He added that the ministry’s circular ran contrary to the other communication they received on May 11, 2020, where it was put clearly that the flexible hour system would remain in place because it reduced exposure to COVID-19. He said the nurses, therefore, found it unfortunate that he proceeded to remove the flexible hour system when the risk of exposure was still quite high owing to poor supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). “Tied to the above, the flexi-hour system did not only address issues to do with PPE but also addressed issues of incapacity,” Dongo told Chimedza. “When you go to the origins of adopting this system, the reason was that regular working hours were becoming expensive to maintain on the salaries nurses were getting.” lFollow Harriet on Twitter @harrietchikand1
AN educator is urging her colleagues to adapt to the new modality of online learning or suffer if they continue to deliver lessons as if they are in a physical face-to-face setting.
Senate Republicans voted overwhelmingly Sunday to advanceSupreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett toward final confirmation despite Democratic objections, just over... View Article
The post Senate votes to advance Barrett; confirmation expected Mon appeared first on TheGrio.
FORMER Vice-President Phelekezela Mphoko and his son Siqokoqela have taken the Botswana-headquartered Choppies Enterprises, its distribution centre and Nanavac Investments to court demanding an outstanding US$44 million for their 51% shares in the company. BY SILAS NKALA The family held shares in the supermarket chain before it was pushed out in January last year. Through their lawyer Zibusiso Ncube, Mphoko and his son filed summons at the Bulawayo High Court seeking an order declaring their entitlement to payment of the true value of the 51% shares they held before being booted out. The Mphokos also claimed interest at the rate of 5% per annum from January 9, 2019, when they were unlawfully divested of their shareholding, to date of full payment. In their declaration of the claim, the Mphokos submitted that at all material time, they were the majority shareholders of Nanavac Investments, holding an aggregate of 51% shares. “First applicant (Siqokoqela) held 25,5% shares and second applicant (Phelekezela) held 25,5% shares in first defendant (Nanavac Investments), while the second defendant (Choppies Enterprises) held the remaining 49% of the first defendant (Nanavac Investments)’ shares,” reads the declaration. “In about 2018, a dispute arose between first applicant and second defendant resulting in the second and third defendants instituting legal proceedings against first plaintiff and his wife and the first defendant at the High Court. The second defendant instituted malicious and false criminal complaints to the police, resulting in the institution of magistrates’ court proceedings against the first plaintiff and his wife.” They said the proceedings resulted in their arrest and detention and on January 9 in order to secure freedom, the Mphokos signed a deed of settlement with Choppies Enterprises in terms of which they disposed of their shareholding in Nanavac Investments to Choppies Enterprises. “The deed of settlement between the parties provided that the two plaintiffs were to be paid US$2,9 million by second defendant for the acquisition of plaintiffs’ full rights and title to the first defendant’s shareholding,” they said. “The payment of first applicant’s salary which was due from first defendant had been unlawfully stopped and threats of foreclosure on a mortgage bond in which first applicant had acquired funds from a local bank which the plaintiff could only service if he was not in detention and was receiving his salary from first defendant, the second plaintiff made him sign the deed of settlement in fear of the continued persecution of his son and his daughter in law by second defendant.” The Mphokos said the unlawful deed of settlement understated value of the shareholding they owned in that US$2,9 million offered for the shares constituted about 7% as opposed to 51% of the value of the shares in Nanavac Investments, which was given as US$44 million at the Botswana Stock Exchange. “The second defendant paid the sum of US$2,9 million in local currency, where shareholding was purportedly being acquired
By JILL COLVIN, WILL WEISSERT, ZEKE MILLER and AAMER MADHANI Associated Press WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) — President Donald Trump assured supporters packed shoulder to shoulder at weekend rallies that 'we're rounding the turn' on the coronavirus and mocked challenger Joe Biden for raising alarms about the pandemic, despite surging cases around the country and more positive infections at the White House. Trump's remarks came Saturday, hours before the White House announced that a top aide to Vice President Mike Pence had tested positive for the virus. Pence has been in close contact with the adviser, the White House said, but […]
The post Surging coronavirus colors White House race in closing days appeared first on Black News Channel.
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — The Seychelles presidential election has seen an upset, with the electoral commission on Sunday declaring longtime opposition contender Wavel Ramkalawan the winner over incumbent Danny Faure. The ruling party has been knocked from power for the first time since 1977. Opposition leader Ramkalawan, a 59-year-old priest who has largely devoted himself to politics, received 54% of the vote in the Indian Ocean island nation while Faure received 43%, the commission chair Danny Lucas said, calling the race 'hotly contested.' 'Mr. Faure and I are very good friends and an election does not mean the end of […]
The post Upset in Seychelles presidential election as incumbent loses appeared first on Black News Channel.
Facebook is making additional resources available to prioritise election support across Africa, including the implementation of artificial intelligence to find and remove harmful content more quickly.
By LISA MASCARO AP Congressional Correspondent WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans voted overwhelmingly Sunday to advance Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett toward final confirmation despite Democratic objections, just over a week before the presidential election. Barrett's confirmation on Monday was hardly in doubt, with majority Republicans mostly united in support behind President Donald Trump's pick. But Democrats were poised to keep the Senate in session into the night in attempts to stall, arguing that the Nov. 3 election winner should choose the nominee to fill the vacancy left by the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Republicans are excited by […]
The post Senate votes to advance Barrett; confirmation expected Mon appeared first on Black News Channel.
By STEPHEN HAWKINS AP Baseball Writer ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Brett Phillips squatted on the field crying, Randy Arozarena sprawled in the dirt pounding his hands on home plate. Tears of joy, smacks of celebration — and a crucial, crazy win for the scrappy Tampa Bay Rays. In one of the wildest World Series finishes ever, the light-hitting Phillips delivered a tying single off Kenley Jansen with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning that turned into the game-ending hit when the Los Angeles Dodgers dropped the ball twice, allowing Arozarena to scramble home and lifting the Rays […]
The post Stumbling stunner! Rays shock Dodgers in 9th, tie Series 2-2 appeared first on Black News Channel.
By Associated Press Undefined WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) — Attorneys representing a Black woman who was shot and wounded inside a vehicle by a suburban Chicago police officer who also fatally shot her 19-year-old boyfriend called the officer's firing 'a first step in police accountability' but said they are pressing ahead with their own probe of the shooting. Waukegan Police Chief Wayne Walles announced late Friday the firing of the officer who fatally shot Marcellis Stinnette, a Black man, and wounded Tafara Williams, 20. Walles said in a brief statement that the male officer had committed 'multiple policy and procedure violations.' […]
The post Attorneys for Black woman shot by cop: Firing `a first step' appeared first on Black News Channel.
Now that the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing capacity in Guyana has been boosted, Minister of Health Dr.
The article Ministry to recommence testing for persons not exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms appeared first on Stabroek News.
(NewsUSA) - The latest fallout from the coronavirus pandemic? Food safety and security now rank among consumers' top global concerns. According to a new study from the Mars Global Food Safety Center, 73 percent of the adults surveyed last month in the United States, China and the United Kingdom said they believe COVID-19 will wind up … Continued
The post COVID-19 Elevating Concerns About Food Safety and Security appeared first on Atlanta Daily World.
Former President Barack Obama on Tuesday fired back at White House senior adviser Jared Kushner for a quote attributed to Kushner that Black Americans have to want to be successful for President Donald Trump's policies to work for them...