Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Naval conscripts take part in their induction ceremony at the Moroccan Royal Navy conscript training centre near the city of Ben Slimane.
Many people have been killed since clashes began on Monday. Scores too had been killed in the run up to the vote as protestors marched against Conde's bid for a third term.
Where We Live (WWL) is a five-year, $1.6 billion lending and philanthropic investment in Washington, D.C. neighborhoods.
NURSES have objected to the decision by the Health ministry to scrap the flexible working hours system so that they can work for 40 hours a week. BY HARRIET CHIKANDIWA Health secretary Jasper Chimedza on October 19 directed provincial medical directors to resume normal working hours for all nurses, saying the flexi working hours were creating artificial nurse shortages. But Zimbabwe Nurses Association president Enock Dongo, in a letter to Chimedza dated October 21, objected to the order, accusing the permanent secretary of making unilateral decisions. “The decision to implement the flexible working hour system is a product of agreement within the HSBNP [Health Service Bipartite Negotiating Panel]. It was not given unilaterally by the government nor did the employees adopt it on their own accord,” Dongo said. “With this in mind, your decision to unilaterally remove a system which you found in place and, in any event, was reached by agreement, is irregular and certainly not in good faith.” He added that the ministry’s circular ran contrary to the other communication they received on May 11, 2020, where it was put clearly that the flexible hour system would remain in place because it reduced exposure to COVID-19. He said the nurses, therefore, found it unfortunate that he proceeded to remove the flexible hour system when the risk of exposure was still quite high owing to poor supply of personal protective equipment (PPE). “Tied to the above, the flexi-hour system did not only address issues to do with PPE but also addressed issues of incapacity,” Dongo told Chimedza. “When you go to the origins of adopting this system, the reason was that regular working hours were becoming expensive to maintain on the salaries nurses were getting.” lFollow Harriet on Twitter @harrietchikand1
HIGH Court judge Justice Erica Ndewere has filed an interdict against President Emmerson Mnangagwa to stop him from suspending her until Chief Justice Luke Malaba has followed correct disciplinary procedures. By DESMOND CHINGARANDE Justice Ndewere has been accusing Justice Malaba of discrimination, saying former judge Justice Francis Bere’s disciplinary hearing was done according to the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) guidelines, but her case had been sent directly to Mnangagwa without giving her an opportunity to be heard. In her application for interdict, Justice Ndewere cited Mnangagwa, Justice Malaba, Judge President George Chiweshe, the JSC and Justice minister Ziyambi Ziyambi. “On September 15, 2020, I received documents containing complaints against myself from JSC,” Justice Ndewere said. “It was noted that the complaints had been placed before JSC in terms of the Constitution of Zimbabwe. “I was asked to respond to the complaints on or before September 22. My lawyers of record then wrote a letter to JSC highlighting critical issues on how complaints against a sitting judge ought to be dealt with.” She added: “It was clear from the document I received from JSC was acting on the basis that it is Malaba who is complaining about my conduct. If, indeed, it is Malaba who is of the opinion that I have conducted myself contrary in any shape or form, then the JSC code of ethics should apply.” Justice Ndewere said the JSC did not respond to her letter and on October 13, she was shocked to receive news that she was to appear before a tribunal and received a letter stating that the complaints commission had referred the matter to the President. She said she, therefore, concluded that the complaints considered by the JSC at the extraordinary meeting chaired by Justice Malaba were the same as the complaints delivered to her, which confirms that Justice Malaba was the one complaining about her conduct. “By operation of law, the setting up of a tribunal by the first respondent (Mnangagwa) will result in my automatic suspension which will prejudice my work and my reputation,” she said. “My reputation is in jeopardy because Malaba has complained about my conduct. I run the risk of losing my job based on complaints raised against me by Malaba alone. To allow this would be a violation of my right and to the administration of justice.” Justice Ndewere said section 163(2) and (3) of the Constitution clearly stated that the Chief Justice was the head of Judiciary and was in charge of the Constitutional Court and Supreme Court and Judge President Chiweshe was in charge of the High Court. She said Justice Chiweshe was supposed to be the complainant in her case. Justice Ndewere is reportedly being victimised after allegedly refusing bail instruction in cases involving former Cabinet minister Priscah Mupfumira, who is accused of corruption and fraud, and MDC Alliance legislator Job Sikhala, accused of plotting Mnangagwa’s ouster.
WASHINGTON, DC, United States (CMC) - Director of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) Dr Carissa F Etienne, on Wednesday warned that while the Americas, including the Caribbean, urgently awaits a breakthrough, the regional health organisation will only support the distribution of a novel coronavirus vaccine that has proven to be 'safe and effective' in clinical trials.
guest column :Sandra Liebenberg THE coronavirus pandemic has killed over a million people globally and disrupted healthcare and political systems, economies, social bonds and religious practices. What can South Africa’s Bill of Rights and international human rights treaties contribute to coronavirus responses and recovery strategies in the country and globally? My central argument is that human rights provide tools to help States build fairer societies and economies. Such societies will be more resilient to future shocks. A human rights-based approach to the pandemic is based on values. It prioritises the most disadvantaged and vulnerable and it is holistic. It also highlights international assistance and cooperation. Value-based approach The values of human dignity, equality and freedom lie at the heart of human rights, and are the founding values of South Africa’s constitution. These values require the State and private actors to recognise that every life is equally valuable. Everyone should have the civil and political freedoms — and the economic, social and cultural means — to develop to their full potential. Governments can promote these values by acknowledging people’s agency. People should have meaningful opportunities to participate in response and recovery programmes. For example, a broad range of civil society bodies must get a chance to shape the budgetary decisions underlying economic recovery. The goal of all response measures should be to create an environment in which all can live in dignity without excessive inequalities on grounds of race, gender and socio-economic status. Setting priorities Human rights help governments set priorities in responding to the pandemic. People who are most disadvantaged and vulnerable should be the central focus. The pandemic and lockdowns have had the most severe impact on people living in poverty. In South Africa, that overwhelmingly means black people. Among them are people in overcrowded informal settlements without adequate water or the space to comply with social distance guidelines. Also harshly affected are workers in the informal sector, migrant workers, refugees and asylum seekers. Many have not been able to access economic relief. Because traditional gender roles persist, women have had to bear the biggest burden of child care, home schooling and domestic work while trying to keep their jobs. Human rights require States to put the needs of such groups first when it comes to budgets, laws, policies and programmes. Economic reforms and other pandemic responses should be based on a systematic human rights impact assessment. Interdependence and accountability The third contribution of human rights is that they oblige governments to develop a holistic, integrated response to the pandemic. South Africa’s constitution and international human rights law recognise that all human rights — civil, political, economic, social, cultural and environmental — are interdependent and interrelated. This means the right to life and health must be protected through science-based me
Keyshia Cole is getting ready to give her fans some new music! The singer popped in on Instagram on Oct. 21 to post a picture of herself smiling and on
[savethechildren_uk] Nearly 5m children need help to survive in Nigeria, Mauritania, Niger and Chad, warns Save the Children
In a year that provided provocative civil unrest plus unexpected twists and turns, 2020 A.D. is proving to be the most consequential year in America’s recent history. This year’s general election is no different. Currently, President Donald J. Trump has an 8.9 percentage point deficit based on the averaging of each top poll, according to RealClearPolitics. The president continues to […]
THE Zimbabwe national cricket team is seeking inspiration from past failure as it embarks on a tour of Pakistan where it will play three important one-day internationals (ODIs) against the hosts as well as the same number of T-20 Internationals. BY KEVIN MAPASURE Zimbabwe missed out on the 2019 International Cricket Council World Cup in England following a heartbreak that saw the team unexpectedly losing to minnows United Arab Emirates in a match the country needed to win to clinch one of two play-off tickets to the global party. The then Heath Streak-coached side found itself having to go through the rigours of the play-offs after failing to make it among the top seven sides in the ODI rankings. Having learnt from past experience, this time the team is aiming to make it among the automatic qualifiers on Pakistani soil. Ahead of the series, Zimbabwe Cricket’s mantra has centred on earning an automatic World Cup spot and captain Chamu Chibhabha has stressed the point at every opportunity. “Its very crucial for us to play really well. Super League games are very important when you consider the fact that we have to qualify for the World Cup,” Chibhabha said after the team’s training session on Wednesday. “We would rather qualify directly as opposed to having to play in the qualifiers because that’s a lot of pressure.” For him, the qualifiers are a dangerous route to try and qualify from where they have to face lesser sides that will be playing with freedom, while a full-member side will be carrying the weight of expectation, which can be destructive as Zimbabwe discovered at Harare Sports Club in 2018. Zimbabwean cricketers acknowledge that they launch their campaign in the tough conditions of the Asian flat wickets, but they retain the confidence that they can upset the odds and pull off some important wins. “We would love to get a couple of wins under our belts which makes life easier for us to qualify for the World Cup,” Chibhabha said. Chibhabha is one of six players that toured Pakistan in 2015 and he was the highest run scorer for Zimbabwe in the ODIs despite him experiencing the heartbreak of falling for 99 in one of the matches. “From our experience in 2015, we know we are going to play on a flat wicket — some might have spin on them, slow and turning, but we are expecting a lot of runs on the board in the series,” he said. “Obviously, it’s going to be hot, but it’s not as bad as we expected. We will be playing day-night matches, so dew is going to be a huge factor.” The first ODI will be played on October 30 and the last two will be contested on November 1 and 3. Zimbabwe has got a lot of experience among its ranks, with Brendan Taylor coming in as one of the players that were not part of the 2015 tour. In 2015, Taylor had just started on a Kolpak contract in England, while Test skipper Sean Williams was part of the previous trip. It seems former skipper Elton Chigumbura is in a last chance saloon, having struggled with injuries in the last couple of years. He was one of the stand-out performers in the last ser
Waukegan joins the list of places with similar incidents.
By SABINA NIKSIC Associated Press SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Danish aid workers stationed in the Balkans say dozens of migrants have alleged they were brutalized by Croatian law-enforcement officers when they tried to cross into the European Union nation, before being summarily expelled back to Bosnia. Nicola Bay, the head of the Danish Refugee Council in Bosnia, told The Associated Press Friday that 149 migrants of varying nationalities, independently interviewed by his staff in the country over the past 10 days, reported being exposed to 'extremely abusive' treatment by Croatian police. The testimonies include allegations of brutal and prolonged beatings, […]
The post Croatia accused of brutality, sexual abuse against migrants appeared first on Black News Channel.
The White House ban on anti-racism training is an authoritarian attack on free speech and already doing serious damage.
As of 24 October, South Africa has recorded a total of 714 246 confirmed cases of Covid-19 as well as 18 944 deaths related to the novel coronavirus.
MOST Jamaicans agree with the postponement or cancellation of mass gatherings and events as a means of limiting the spread of the novel coronavirus, a survey by the Statistical Institute of Jamaica (STATIN) has found.
Algerians are being urged to vote yes to a new constitution in a November 1 referendum the government has touted as the foundation for a new state.
President Abdelmadjed Tebboune has said the new constitution, will usher in greater freedoms and democracy.
But opinion is divided. Algeria's protest movement which forced veteran ruler Abdelaziz Bouteflika out of power has called for a boycott of the vote and rejects the authority of Tebboune.
The new constitution would give the prime minister and parliament more powers to govern the North African country of 45 million people, a draft released earlier this year showed.
\"We support the constitutional reforms project and we the young people must be the future of Algeria, and we came here to support this project on November 1st,\" said Amin, a high school student.
Algeria's protest movement has opposed the vote, calling for an overhaul of the country's political system.
\"Personally, I don't think I can trust this government which was not elected and is illegal. I do not trust these next elections, in this referendum, therefore I cannot take part in them. I do not support this project,\" said Ait Said Abdel Nour, a student.
The country’s constitution has been amended several times since independence from France. During the 20-year Bouteflika era, it had been drafted to suit the ex-ruler’s needs.
Other critics of the draft constitution say it maintains a powerful presidency and military while undermining the judiciary and parliament as watchdog institutions.
By TERESA CRAWFORD and NAM HUH Associated Press WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) — The mother of a Black woman who was injured in a police shooting in suburban Chicago that left a Black man dead said the couple did nothing to provoke the officer. Marcellis Stinnette, 19, was killed and his girlfriend and the mother of his child, Tafara Williams, was wounded when a police officer in Waukegan opened fire Tuesday night after police said Williams' vehicle started rolling toward the officer following a traffic stop. Williams' mom said she visited her daughter in the hospital, where she is in serious […]
The post Relative: Black couple didn't provoke shooting by police appeared first on Black News Channel.
By CALVIN WOODWARD and HOPE YEN Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — A more measured President Donald Trump does not necessarily mean a more truthful one. In the final debate of the presidential campaign, he was loose with facts on the crisis of the time — the pandemic — and much else. Trump did, though, exploit confusion sowed by Joe Biden during the primaries, when the Democrat occasionally made his position on energy sound more to the left than it actually is. Trump accurately called out Biden when Biden denied he had ever vowed to ban fracking. That was never Biden's […]
The post AP FACT CHECK: Trump and Biden in their last clash on stage appeared first on Black News Channel.
RIO DE JANEIRO, (Reuters) - Brazil recorded 30,026 additional confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the past 24 hours, and 571 deaths from COVID-19, the Health Ministry said yesterday.
The article Brazil reports 30,026 new coronavirus cases, 571 deaths appeared first on Stabroek News.
Diamond's Back: LisaRaye Announces She's Joined OnlyFans
By Nick Watson, The Times The Gainesville teenager who was accused of plotting a foiled attack on a predominantly Black Gainesville church was sentenced Thursday, Oct. 22, to a combination of probation, counseling and four years at a Department of Juvenile Justice facility. Caitlyn Pye was charged Nov. 15 with criminal attempt to commit murder after planning an attack on Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church on Mill Street. Pye also went […]
WASHINGTON, DC, United States (AP) - Their final debate behind them, President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden are packaging their divergent personal styles and policy prescriptions into closing messages for the final sprint to election day.The novel coronavirus was a central topic for both candidates yesterday as Trump headed to Florida and Biden prepared to address the topic in Delaware.
During the final presidential debate last night in Nashville, President Donald Trump declared himself the 'least racist person in this... View Article
The post Trump says he's the 'least racist person in this room' at debate appeared first on TheGrio.
As of October 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM(according to Alabama Political Reporter)Alabama had 174,528 confirmed cases of coronavirus,(6,551 more than last week) with 2,805 deaths (99 morethan last week)Greene County had 339 confirmed cases, (10 more casesthan last week), with 16 deathsSumter Co. had 467 cases with 21 deathsHale Co. had 745 cases with 29 […]
… way.
Whites surpassed African Americans in Mississippi’s overall … than those among African Americans
As for racial … Covid-19 disproportionately hurts African Americans, in part because … African American community, and as a result the African American …
With novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases continuing to rapidly increase in Kwebanna, the Region One community’s Village Council has decided to impose a two-week lockdown in an attempt to curb infections.
The article Kwebanna going into lockdown as COVID-19 cases surge appeared first on Stabroek News.
*Fifty-four years ago today,The Supremesmade history as the first girl group to score a No. 1 album in the United States. Their ninth studio LP, “The Supremes A’ Go-Go, was released by Motown on August 25, 1966 with two tracks that hit the Top 10 […]
The post The Supremes Made History When This Album Hit No. 1 on Oct. 22, 1966 [EUR Video Throwback] appeared first on The New York Beacon.