Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Isabel dos Santos, the daughter of the late former Angolan president, embezzled 52 million euros from Angola's national oil company, according to a Dutch court.
He replaces Debretsion Gebremichael, whose immunity from prosecution was removed Thursday.
Meanwhile, Amnesty International said Thursday that scores of civilians were killed in a \"massacre\" in the Tigray region, that witnesses blamed on forces backing the local ruling party.
The \"massacre\" is the first reported incident of large-scale civilian fatalities in a week-old conflict between the regional ruling party, the Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF), and the government of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, winner of last year's Nobel Peace Prize.
\"Amnesty International can today confirm... that scores, and likely hundreds, of people were stabbed or hacked to death in Mai-Kadra (May Cadera) town in the southwest of Ethiopia's Tigray Region on the night of 9 November,\" the rights group said in a report.
Amnesty said it had \"digitally verified gruesome photographs and videos of bodies strewn across the town or being carried away on stretchers.\"
The dead \"had gaping wounds that appear to have been inflicted by sharp weapons such as knives and machetes,\" Amnesty said, citing witness accounts.
Witnesses said the attack was carried out by TPLF-aligned forces after a defeat at the hands of the Ethiopian military, though Amnesty said it \"has not been able to confirm who was responsible for the killings\".
It nonetheless called on TPLF commanders and officials to \"make clear to their forces and their supporters that deliberate attacks on civilians are absolutely prohibited and constitute war crimes\".
Abiy ordered military operations in Tigray on November 4, saying they were prompted by a TPLF attack on federal military camps -- a claim the party denies.
The region has been under a communications blackout ever since, making it difficult to verify competing claims on the ground.
Abiy said Thursday his army had made major gains in western Tigray.
Thousands of Ethiopians have fled across the border into neighboring Sudan, and the UN is sounding the alarm about a humanitarian crisis in Tigray.
More than 130 Secret Service officers, which is about 10% of all Secret Service officers, are said to have either... View Article
The post Over 130 Secret Service officers may be infected with coronavirus appeared first on TheGrio.
By Demetrius Dillard Special to the AFRO The Baltimore Ravens didn’t let the adversities they faced over the past week distract them from handling business on the road against the Indianapolis Colts top-five defense. Last week, the Ravens had a player test positive for coronavirus, forcing them to play without one of their premier cornerbacks. […]
The post Ravens show resilience in comeback win appeared first on Afro.
Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images President-elect Joe Biden has joined dozens of transition workers and spans several federal agencies, in a sign of the comprehensive approach that Biden is planning to take to combat the worsening pandemic. The Covid-19 team has not yet […]
The post A new coronavirus team is due to be launched at the White House after Biden's inauguration appeared first on The New York Beacon.