Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Young supporters of Guinean opponent Cellou Dalien Diallo, who has declared himself the winner of the presidential election, clashed with police on Wednesday in the Wanindara district of the country's capital Conakry.
African election monitors said Tuesday that Guinea's weekend election was conducted properly, but the political opposition to incumbent Alpha Conde, which has already claimed victory, dismissed it as fraudulent.
Preliminary results for four of the country's 38 voting districts released by electoral commission chief Kabinet Cisse late Tuesday showed a strong lead for Conde over his main challenger Cellou Dalein Diallo, who had claimed victory Monday.
In three of the four districts, Conde secured more than the 50 percent needed to avoid a runoff vote, although an electoral commission official told AFP it was "impossible to extrapolate" to the final national result, expected later this week.
"Alpha Conde is doing everything possible to change ballot-box results in his favour" Diallo's campaign director Fode Oussou Fofana had earlier told reporters in the capital Conakry.
The opposition campaign has been setting the stage for an election dispute, with Fofana accusing the government of "large-scale fraud" in counting ballots from the hotly contested October 18 poll.
Conde, 82, is seeking a controversial third presidential term, a move that has triggered months of deadly unrest in the West African nation.
- Augustin Matata Ponyo, the African Union's head of mission in Guinea, said the ballot took place "in transparency" while the head of the West African ECOWAS monitoring mission said the vote was lawful.
Celebrations in Conakry of Diallo's self-proclaimed victory quickly descended into violent clashes with security forces, in which several youngsters were shot dead, opposition officials said.
Meanwhile in a seeming response to Diallo's self-proclaimed win, security forces dressed in riot gear surrounded his house in the capital. He tweeted that he was trapped inside.
- 'Irresponsible and dangerous' -
Security forces killed dozens of people in protests against a Conde third term, which began in October last year--.
Although polling day was mostly calm, Diallo's self-proclaimed election victory has ratched up tensions in the former French colony of some 13 million people.
The government insists the vote was fair and that only the official electoral authority can declare the results.
Conde's RPG party also called Diallo's move "irresponsible and dangerous" on Monday.
The international community is concerned too. The United Nations, African Union, and the 15-nation ECOWAS called the premature declaration of results "regrettable", in a joint statement on Monday.
"This state of affairs is not conducive to preserving calm," the statement said.
But on Tuesday, the communications director for Diallo's UFDG party, Ousmane Gaoual Diallo, said the party's own analysis of polling data collected from individual stations showed the opposition leader had won over 50 percent of the vote
Many people have been killed since clashes began on Monday. Scores too had been killed in the run up to the vote as protestors marched against Conde's bid for a third term.
New York (AP) – For the Rev. Jimmy Gates Sr., the 2008 presidential election year was one to remember – and not just because it ...
In their final report on the March 2nd polls, the European Union Election Observer Mission (EU EOM) has said that the integrity of the entire electoral process was “seriously compromised” by vote count in Region Four and has cited the senior Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) officials for acting in violation of the law.
“However, the integrity of the entire electoral process was seriously compromised by the non-transparent and non-credible tabulation of results in the largest and decisive Region 4 by senior Guyana Elections Commission officials, acting in blatant violation of the law and High Court orders issued in this regard.”
These results gave APNU+AFC and PPP/C 136,057 and 77,231 votes, respectively, for the general elections in Region 4, which would be enough for the ruling coalition to overcome the opposition’s advantage in the other regions and take the lead nationally.
Key shortcomings include unregulated registration and operations of political parties, mostly unregulated campaign finance, lack of provisions prohibiting misuse of state resources, full discretion of parties to select their parliamentarians after the elections, no guarantee for women’s representation in parliament and lack of transparency in the publication of the • The list of electors was generally inclusive, despite fervent controversies over its preparation and accuracy.
In a largely unregulated environment, GECOM invited all parties to sign a code of conduct three days before election day, too late to have a real impact on the • The European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) observed the misuse of state re-sources by the ruling coalition.
More than 4.5 million Californians have already cast ballots in the 2020 general election - and there're still 12 days to go. Roughly one-fifth of the 21.5 million ballots mailed to registered voters had been processed as of Tuesday evening, blowing away previous election totals. About three times as many California residents have participated in […]
The post Early voter turnout smashing California election records appeared first on Black Voice News.
Tina Knowles-Lawson wants Congress to finally do something about racism and voter suppression.
By Barnett Wright The Birmingham Times It took Democrats and Republicans to open the downtown Birmingham and Bessemer County Courthouses on a Saturday in Alabama for in-person absentee balloting ahead of the November 3 general election. A bipartisan group of Jefferson County Commissioners on Friday voted 4-0 to open the Courthouses. Republicans Jimmie Stephens, the […]
Over the past seven years, states and localities have reverted to discriminatory practices that restrict the voting rights of Black, Brown, Native, and Asian American people and have put up unnecessary roadblocks to the ballot.
On this anniversary, Tina Knowles-Lawson, Mothers of the Movement, and Black women celebrities urge the Senate to pass H.R. 6800, The HEROES Act, that includes $3.6 billion in funding for state administration of federal elections.
Tina Knowles-Lawson; Viola Davis; Whoopi Goldberg; Octavia Spencer; Jada Pinkett Smith; Beyoncé Knowles Carter; Solange Knowles; Gabrielle Union; Taraji P. Henson; Kelly Rowland; Lala Anthony; Halle Berry; Yvette Nicole Brown; Melina Matsoukas; Janelle Monáe; Bozoma Saint John; Holly Robinson Peete; Oge Egbuonu; Lena Waithe; Kerry Washington; Rashida Jones; Gwenn Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Kadiatou Diallo, Mother of Amadou Diallo; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontre Hamilton; Wanda Johnson, Mother of Oscar Grant;Rep. Lucy McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis Tamika Palmer, Mother of Breonna Taylor; and Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.
Tina Knowles-Lawson, Viola Davis, Whoopi Goldberg, Octavia Spencer, Jada Pinkett Smith, Beyoncé Knowles Carter, Solange Knowles, Gabrielle Union, Taraji P. Henson, Kelly Rowland, Lala Anthony, Halle Berry, Yvette Nicole Brown, Melina Matsoukas, Janelle Monáe, Bozoma Saint John, Holly Robinson Peete, Oge Egbuonu, Lena Waithe, Kerry Washington, Rashida Jones, Gwenn Carr (Mother of Eric Garner), Kadiatou Diallo (Mother of Amadou Diallo), Sybrina Fulton (Mother of Trayvon Martin), Maria Hamilton (Mother of Dontre Hamilton), Wanda Johnson (Mother of Oscar Grant), Rep. Lucy McBath (Mother of Jordan Davis), Tamika Palmer (Mother of Breonna Taylor), Geneva Reed-Veal (Mother of Sandra Bland)
The Harris County District Court ruled that Texas law allows Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins to send vote-by-mail applications to all registered voters as part of his authority to conduct and manage elections. If the Court’s decision stands, more than 1.9 million registered voters in Harris County under the age of 65 will receive vote-by-mail […]
The post Harris County Clerk cleared to send vote-by-mail applications appeared first on DefenderNetwork.com.
Shifting poll sites required because of loss of locations due to COVID-19 pandemic
ATLANTA – Approximately 40 Election Day polling places will change for voters in Fulton County for the June 9, 2020 Presidential Preference Primary, General Primary, and Special Election.
Fulton County encourages all voters to cast their ballots through Absentee Ballot by mail, which is safe, secure and consistent with social distancing.
Some polling locations changed due to date conflicts after the Election Day changes.
Voters who choose to vote in person during early voting or Election Day voting, will see some differences as Fulton County makes efforts to protect voters and poll workers from COVID-19.
Please visit the Georgia Secretary of State’s My Voter Page at www.mvp.sos.ga.gov or Fulton County Registration & Elections at for assigned polling places.
Photo: The Collin County Elections Department created a mock polling site to prepare workers for early voting that began Monday. It included signs on how to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. – Photo by [...]
The post Texans began voting Monday in runoff elections. But how safe is it? appeared first on Dallas Examiner.
Q: Can I vote in person at the US Embassy or at the US Consular Agency on election day?�A: No. Neither the US Embassy nor the US Consular Agency are polling places. You must register to vote and request an absentee ballot to vote from Jamaica. Visit FVAP.gov to register to vote, request a ballot, and more.�
PNCR Chair, Volda Lawrence; APNU+AFC party agent, Carol Joseph; Region Four Returning Officer, Clairmont Mingo; and two Election Day clerks, were yesterday taken before the courts and charged with a number of offences including conspiracy to defraud and forgery.
The article More elections charges brought against Lawrence, Mingo appeared first on Stabroek News.
Meanwhile Alliance For Change (AFC) leader, Khemraj Ramjattan, believes that certain legal technicalities can tip the electoral scale in the coalition’s favour.
“At this stage, in my opinion, it is not as clear cut as the PPP wants it to be,” Ramjattan told Stabroek News yesterday when contacted.
by Linda S. Wallace - Fearful people are at work trying to undermine our democracy. Unfortunately, I’m not talking about Chinese or Russian agents. I’m referring to the neighbor next door who is so afraid of ending up on the losing side of the Nov. 3 presidential election that he/she/they view scare tactics and dirty […]
'Couch Party: A Voter Registration Live Set' is Wednesday.
At the end of the second day of the magisterial recount for the St Ann South Eastern constituency, the People’s National Party’s (PNP) Lisa Hanna is leading the Jamaica Labour Party’s (JLP) Delroy Granston by 50 votes. With 96 of the 126 boxes...
The post UNERASED: A Black woman's song appeared first on DefenderNetwork.com.
Two congressmen who President David Granger earlier this year assured that elections would be free and fair, yesterday joined calls that the Guyana Elections Commission issue results in keeping with the 33-day recount, even as they called out the Chief Election Officer for his ploy to subvert the process.
The article US legislators join calls for GECOM to issue recount results appeared first on Stabroek News.
Jamaicans gearing up to cast their ballot are being urged to wear masks when they vote on election day but Director of Elections Glasspole Brown said that those in breach will not be turned away from polling stations. Instead, Electoral Office of...