Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
Allyson Felix has already cemented her name as a legend in the annals of American track and field and yet she continues to shatter records well into her career. Felix, who recently became the most decorated American woman track athlete in Olympics history is now the most decorated American track athlete in the history of […]
A November 26 letter from the presidency asked the head of Uganda's national drug authority to 'work out a mechanism' to clear the importation of the vaccines.
China has about five COVID-19 vaccine candidates at different levels of trials. It was not clear what vaccine was being imported into Uganda.
One of the frontrunners is the Sinopharm vaccine developed by the Beijing Institute of Biological Product, a unit of Sinopharm’s China National Biotec Group (CNBG).
On Wednesday, the United Arab Emirates said the vaccine has 86% efficacy, citing an interim analysis of late-stage clinical trials.
China has used the drug to vaccinate up to a million people under its emergency use program.
On Tuesday, Morocco said it was ordering up to 10 million doses of the vaccine.
Record cases
Uganda on Monday registered 701 new COVID-19 cases, the highest-ever daily increase, bringing its national count to 23,200.
The new cases were out of the 5,578 samples tested for the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, the country's health ministry said in a statement.
Tuesday's tally was 606, the second-highest ever number of new infections, bringing the cumulative number of confirmed cases in the east African country to 23,860.
Health authorities have blamed ongoing election campaigns which have drawn huge crowds for the rise in infections.
FORMER Warriors and Chicken Inn midfielder Clement Matawu is disappointed that his career ended in anti-climax fashion. BY FORTUNE MBELE The 38-year-old announced his retirement from football early this week, to end a glittering two-decade career for one of the best midfielders to ever emerge from the country. Starting at the now-defunct Motor Action, Matawu also played in Poland before returning to Zimbabwe to join Chicken Inn in 2016 where he has been playing ever since. He had hoped to make this season his swan-song year, but the plans were disrupted after the league failed to take off in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic. “This was going to be my last year of playing football,” Matawu told NewsDay Sport in an interview yesterday. “At the beginning of the season, I sat down with my father, mentor, coach and brother Joey Antipas and discussed my future in the team and we agreed that I would run my last lap this year,” he said. Antipas, who is the Chicken Inn coach, worked with the attacking player at Motor Action. Matawu, who won the league title with Chicken Inn in 2016, had hoped to sign out in style. He had prepared for the season and was hoping to help his team win silverware. “I really wanted to give it a good push this year, starting with the off-season which I really pushed myself.” Chicken Inn travelled to Malawi early this year as part of their pre-season preparations, but their efforts were in vain as the season failed to take off. “My performances in the four-team tournament in Malawi gave me the zeal and optimism that this was going to be a great season for me as an individual and as a team. But because there has been no football, everyone is disappointed.” Sources said Matawu was currently doing administrative work at Chicken Inn and the club was contemplating including him in Antipas’ technical team. He seems to have prepared for life after playing as he is a holder of a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Sport Science and Coaching which he got last year from the University of Science and Technology. “My degree has opened my eyes to endless opportunities in football. For now, I won’t divulge much, but you will be seeing me around in football circles,” he said. Matawu is arguably one of the rare talents to ever grace the local football scene. He was so good that he was voted the Soccer Star of the Year in 2006 and was a best player finalist a record six times. l Follow Fortune on Twitter @fmbele
Masika Kalysha's fans were pondering what was wrong with the \"Love and Hip Hop: Hollywood\" star after she shared a clip with a cryptic message on Dec. 6.
Ohio police have asked federal authorities to investigate the shooting of a young Black man.
Threat of arrests by police decried as an attempt to muzzle freedom of expression in crisis-hit country.
He announced on Clubhouse.
A broad-based coalition of civil rights and community groups and a coalition of African American women are not letting up in their appeals to Governor Gavin Newsom to appoint an African American Woman to replace Kamala Harris in the United States Senate. While nearly 2500 have signed an online petition at Change.org last month […]
From a rebellious grandfather who breaks out of an old-age home in 'Herb & Moon' to a man’s deep love for snakes in 'iSipho Sethonga', here’s what you can expect on DStv this week.
Today is the 345th day of 2020. There are 21 days left in the year.TODAY'S HIGHLIGHT2010: Veteran journalist and university lecturer John Maxwell passes on.�OTHER EVENTS1520: Martin Luther publicly burns the papal edict demanding that he recant or face excommunication from the Roman Catholic church.
Cabbie in fatal Manchester crash granted bail Mandeville, Manchester: Taxi operator Kemar Fraser, who is facing charges of death by dangerous driving after an accident that claimed the life of 19-year-old Tajay Millard, was offered bail in the...
With a 3-8 record at this point in the season, the Chargers are playing spoiler for the rest of the season. By beating the Patriots, who have a record of 5-6, they would give the Patriots their 7th loss of the season. This would be somewhat monumental for the NFL, as the Patriots have not lost more than 7 games in a season since 2002.
Last week, YouTube personality Jake Paul and former NBA star turned YouTuber Nate Robinson went head to head in a... View Article
The post Jemele Hill trolls Jake Paul, asking if knocking out Nate Robinson was 'racist' appeared first on TheGrio.
President-elect Joe Biden's nomination of retired Army Gen.Lloyd Austinto be secretary of defense has put some Senate Democrats in a... View Article
The post Biden's request to waive law for Defense nominee puts Democrats in a bind appeared first on TheGrio.
Press Release - Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi is making the most of this period of global turmoil to entrench the relentless repression that has been his trademark. His seven-year rule has seen tens of thousands of political detentions in often horrendous conditions, the arrest and abuse of LGBT people, women activists, and social media influencers, systematic torture, and the free use of lethal force. His government's latest move is to detain the director and key staff of one of the few remaining independent in
The 2020 Rapper of the Year — according to GQ magazine — shared some of her blessings with a young... View Article
The post Megan Thee Stallion surprises young fan with PS5 appeared first on TheGrio.
By Tanu Henry | California Black Media This past weekend, Martin Jenkins, California’s first and only African American Supreme Court Justice, swore in former California State Sen. Holly Mitchell to the Los Angeles Board of Supervisors. For the first time in history, the five-member leadership team that Mitchell is joining, which represents nine cities in […]
Western Bureau: Tourism Minster Edmund Bartlett has rejected claims that the tourism industry is to blame for the recent spike in COVID-10 cases, especially in the western region, instead blaming locals for their blatant disregard for the orders...
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Information has made changes to next year’s sitting of the Primary Exit Profile (PEP), to take account of the interruption in students’ studies due to the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19)...