Windies adjusting well in the UK
June 17, 2020
MANCHESTER, England (CMC): Windies captain Jason Holder has praised the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) for the safety protocols implemented for the upcoming Test series, saying on Wednesday that the Caribbean side felt “safe” after arriving here for the historic tour.
He said having flown from the Caribbean by private charter on Monday, the team had experienced a seamless transition from the airport to the hotel, with little interaction with the public.
The tour is taking place in the face of a global public health crisis triggered by the deadly COVID-19 pandemic that has already caused over 4,100 deaths in the United Kingdom.
I must commend the ECB, they’ve been outstanding so far,” Holder told a media conference conducted via Zoom from Old Trafford here, where the entire touring party has been quarantined for the next two weeks.
Players will be isolated from the public throughout the seven-week tour, first at the ‘biosecure’ Old Trafford facility and then at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton.