Login to BlackFacts.com using your favorite Social Media Login. Click the appropriate button below and you will be redirected to your Social Media Website for confirmation and then back to Blackfacts.com once successful.
Enter the email address and password you used to join BlackFacts.com. If you cannot remember your login information, click the “Forgot Password” link to reset your password.
By Associated Press Undefined 'Coming 2 America,' the sequel to the 1988 Eddie Murphy comedy, has landed on a date to come to audiences. The film which reunites Murphy and Arsenio Hall will debut on Amazon Prime Video on March 5, 2021, Amazon Studios said Friday. Originally a Paramount Pictures theatrical release, the studio sold the film to the streamer last month but had yet to finalize a date. 'Coming to America was a cultural phenomenon that is one of the most loved and celebrated comedies of all time,' said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios, in a statement. 'We […]
The post 'Coming 2 America' to launch on Amazon Prime in March appeared first on Black News Channel.
South Africa is one of the hardest-hit countries in Africa with over 740,000 infections.
The country recorded 60 more virus-related deaths on Wednesday, bringing the death toll to 20,011.
President Cyril Ramaphosa has made a lockdown address to the nation on Wednesday night - and he came equipped with a major announcement on alcohol.
By Benjamin Jealous, president of People For the American Way and People For the American Way Foundation After four exhausting years of President Donald Trump and four excruciating days of vote counting, the election was called for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on Saturday. Hallelujah! Those days of counting felt agonizingly slow to many of us, but the momentum was always on our side: Democratic voters—mostly Black voters—in and around Philadelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee and Atlanta delivered the battleground state votes needed to deny Trump a second term. In Nevada and Arizona, Latino and Native American voters provided […]
The post OP-ED: A Huge Victory and More Work to Do appeared first on Black News Channel.
WILFRED EMMANUEL-JONES isn’t just any black farmer, he is The Black Farmer. Born in Clarendon,...
The post The Black Farmer: 'The moment you operate outside a stereotype, it confuses people' appeared first on Voice Online.
Speaking with UFC's Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance, Jeff Novitzky, Tyson revealed that he used a prosthetic penis called the \"Whizzinator\" to pass his drug tests. The device has a built-in bag where he stored his \"baby's urine.\"
… bloody, and 14 African Americans received the Medal of … could change this: the African American Burial Grounds Network Act … reflecting the fact that African-Americans were fighting for world … the Spirit of Freedom: African American Civil War Memorial sculpture …
Beyoncé
Analysis - With Angola's economy battling, anti-government protests have been brutally subdued. But demonstrators are not backing down, and plan to take to the streets again on Wednesday -- Angola's independence day.
THE LOUISIANA WEEKLY — Most frightening for Democrats, one in three African-American men living in the Midwest also voted for Trump. The NBC poll also noted that there was an unusual relationship between education and how Black men voted this year. About 26 percent of African-American males who had a high school diploma or less supported Trump. But 22 percent of Black men with bachelor’s degrees and 20 percent of Black men with advanced degrees also supported him. (African-American males with some college education broke for Biden at levels comparable to those of Black women.)
[Premium Times] Nigerian businesses, already badly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, were further buffeted by the violence.
Marketing professional. Business owner. Executive Producer. Three unique roles. One fascinating woman. Shannon Couch is the type of high-energy achiever who juggles those roles almost seamlessly. As you may have guessed from the name, The Creative Couch, Shannon is the wife of Jerod Couch, the film maker responsible for the award-winning indie series #WASHED, for which she is an Executive […]
BY FORTUNE MBELE FC PLATINUM coach Hendrikus Pieter de Jongh said he did not have information on the Mozambique giants Costa do Sol but is aware football in that country has made great strides of late. The Zimbabwe champions have been drawn against Costa do Sol in the preliminary round of the Caf Champions League with the first leg to be played between November 27-29 in Mozambique. The second leg will be played in Zimbabwe a week later. De Jongh yesterday said he would carry out research on Costa do Sol, adding that the match would be tough. “It’s a tricky draw because football in Mozambique has made big strides in the last five years. They are professional and have big financial potential. But the advantage is that we start away,” De Jongh said. He added: “At the moment I have no information about the club. Today I start with research on the internet and former head coach national team of Mozambique Abel Xavier is good friend of mine since the time I was head coach of national team of Swaziland.” The Dutchman said since FC Platinum started group training there had been vast improvement in his camp and the players were raring to go. “Starting away is a big advantage as we have to grind a good result there, say a draw and score a goal. We are in week five now and compared to week two we have improved. We are on the right track, good shape and condition and big improvement technically and tactically,” De Jongh said.
In summary Oregon led with transparency in reporting workplace outbreaks. California shields businesses so as not to shame them. The distinction has workers and public health experts worried. California and Oregon were lauded for their early response to the pandemic, with swift and broad shutdowns aimed at slowing the spread of coronavirus. In reopening their […]
The post Oregon posts workplace outbreaks, California has no such plan appeared first on Black Voice News.
The alleged financier of the 1994 Rwandan genocide, Felicien Kabuga, pleaded not guilty on Wednesday as he made his first appearance at a UN court after a quarter of a century on the run.
Once one of Rwanda's richest men, Kabuga allegedly helped set up hate media that urged ethnic Hutus to \"kill the Tutsi cockroaches\" and funded militia groups.
Now in his 80s, he was arrested in France in May and transferred to the court in The Hague in October to face charges of a key role in the killing of 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus.
The frail Kabuga sat in a wheelchair behind a glass screen in the courtroom, wearing a coronavirus mask. A court official helped him adjust his headphones.
His defense lawyer Emmanuel Altit said Kabuga was \"very tired\" and \"preferred not to speak\" when asked by judge Iain Bonomy if the former businessman wanted to enter a plea.
\"Given the situation, I would be grateful if you could consider this lack of response as a plea of not guilty on all the counts, under the rules and procedures,\" Altit told the court.
Kabuga, who until his arrest near Paris was one of the world's most wanted men, had already denied the charges in his court appearances in France.
The Rwandan faces seven counts including genocide, incitement to genocide, extermination, and persecution.
The UN court will later decide if he will be transferred to its branch in Tanzania for trial.
'Contributed to deaths'
The UN says 800,000 people were murdered in a 100-day rampage that began in April 1994 in Rwanda, in scenes of horror that shocked the world.
An ally of Rwanda's then-ruling party, Kabuga allegedly helped create the Interahamwe Hutu militia group and the Radio-Television Libre des Mille Collines (RTLM), whose broadcasts incited people to murder.
The lengthy indictment, read out by a court official, said that \"RTLM broadcasts contributed to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of persons identified as Tutsi civilians.\"
The radio station also identified the hiding places of Tutsis where they were later killed, it said.
Kabuga controlled and encouraged the station's content, failed to stop the broadcasts, and defended it when the minister of information criticized the broadcasts, the indictment said.
He is also accused of helping to buy machetes that were distributed to militias and ordering them to kill Tutsis.
Kabuga spent years on the run using a succession of false passports, with investigators saying that he had been helped by a network of former Rwandan allies to evade justice.
Following his arrest in a small apartment near Paris, his lawyers argued that Kabuga -- who says he is aged 87 but according to the arrest warrant is 84 - should face trial in France for health reasons.
But France's top court ruled he should be moved to UN custody on a warrant issued in 1997 by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR).
Kabuga was initially to be transferred to the UN court's facility in Arusha, Tanzania, which took over the ICTR's duties when it formally closed in 2015.
But a UN
Good morning, California. It’s Tuesday, November 10. Note: The newsletter will pause Wednesday in recognition of Veterans Day. I’ll be back in your inbox on Thursday. Health insurance on the line Today, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments in a case challenging the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare — […]
The post California leads fight to defend Obamacare appeared first on Black Voice News.
DHAKA, (Reuters) - Bangladesh test captain Mominul Haque has tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s chief physician said yesterday.
The article Bangladesh skipper Mominul tests positive for coronavirus appeared first on Stabroek News.
By Hazel Trice Edney TriceEdneyWire.com) - As President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden campaign in key states in final days of the 2020 presidential race, yet another Black man was shot and killed by police Monday afternoon, Oct. 26.The Philadelphia police shooting of 27-year-old Walter Wallace Jr., a reportedly mentally ill man […]
It all started in a church choir in Birmingham, Alabama for Rekeshia Bennett There, she honed her skills and fulfilled her spirit, becoming proficient at her craft at an early age. Church choirs have produced [...]
The Apple emblem is seen at an organization retailer in an upscale shopping center in Bangkok on November 10, … [+] 2020. (Picture by Mladen ANTONOV / AFP) (Picture by…
NEWARK —State Farm Insurance coverage, as soon as the county’s second-largest employer, will now not have workers working at its Newark Operations Middle on Granville Street, the place it has…
By Stacy M. Brown, NNPA Newswire Senior National Correspondent At 22, Paris Jackson bears the scars of a childhood that took a devastating turn 11 years ago with the death of her father, Michael Jackson. After the King of Pop’s death, a chaotic years-long struggle with family turmoil and multiple suicide attempts began for Paris. But, like her father, who once described how he bounced back from adversity because of having “rhinoceros’ skin,” Paris has proven just as resilient. She moved out of the family home at 18. She found and lost love on at least two occasions, but it’s her most recent ex, […]
The post Paris Jackson, Emerges with New CD, New Vibe appeared first on Black News Channel.
JACKSONVILLE FREE PRESS — News that Pennsylvania put Biden over the top sparked dancing in the streets and tears of joy in many households. So did the sight of Kamala Harris making her historic appearance as our next vice president—the first woman, first Black woman, first South Asian woman, to be elected to the White House.
To date, the U.S. has exceeded 10 million COVID cases and as the colder months draw near that number will only climb. Many parents have been infected and plenty more will be infected. So while an emphasis on prevention is important, it is also necessary to discuss how to deal in the event of a positive diagnosis.
(StatePoint)—The COVID-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed how business gets done. And when it comes to midsized and small businesses, the importance of investing in new technology, facilitating remote work and maintaining a tech-savvy workforce has never been so clear, according to a new survey. Conducted by The Harris Poll for CIT Group Inc., a leading … Continued
The post How COVID-19 has changed the way we do business forever appeared first on New Pittsburgh Courier.
BY HENRY MHARA ZIFA has demanded France-based star Marshall Munetsi to report for camp after his club Reims refused to release him for the back-to-back 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Algeria. The two teams clash in Algiers tomorrow before the return match at the National Sports Stadium on Monday. However, the Warriors will go into the matches without one of their influential stars Munetsi, who pulled out of the ties due to an injury. Reims claim that the defensive midfielder was injured despite playing the whole match in a 4-4 draw away to Lens on Sunday. He was supposed to travel soon after the match, but his club instead wrote to Zifa saying he could not make the trip. Warriors general manager Wellington Mupandare said they had written back to Reims demanding that the French club releases the player so that he could be assessed by the national team doctors. “We have asked them to release the player so that he can be assessed by our doctors this side,” Mupandare said. Clubs especially from Europe have regularly clashed with national teams for the release of their players, and should they refuse to report for national team duty, the club risk a fine by Fifa. Munetsi’s absence is giving Warriors coach Zdravko Logarušić sleepless nights. The Croat is also without Butholezwe Ncube who pulled out “because of medical reasons” while the United States-based duo of goalkeeper Tatenda Mkuruva and defender Tendai Jirira could not travel because of coronavirus restrictions in that country. More worrying for Logarušić is that most of his players are not getting regular game time at their clubs, while the travelling arrangements for Europe-based stars have been chaotic. Most of the Eurore-based stars including regulars Tino Kadewere, Teenage Hadebe and Marvellous Nakamba only arrived in the country in the evening ahead of the team’s expected departure to Algiers last night. Poster boy Khama Billiat was expected to arrive in the country just minutes before the squad's departure for Algiers. “First we should be optimistic but realistic as well,” Logarušić said. “We have quality players but our only problem is most of them are tired especially our key players and some of them are injured. Travelling is killing us, most of them just got here from travelling for 15 hours and they now have to travel for nine hours again.” Logarušić conducted a training session yesterday morning with just 14 players. There are also injury worries for him after Jordan Zemura limped off the training session while Tendai Darikwa and Terrence Dzvukamanja were not looking 100% fit. “We couldn’t have any training together as a team. We only have an hour to train tomorrow in Algeria and that’s the only time we have to jel. Like I said, we must be realistic but we are not giving up, we should not give up. One thing I can tell you is the spirits of the players are high. I want to show them that I am good, that we are trying our best but if you check the match fitness of Algeria’s first 11 and ours, it’s different.” He added, “Some of ours are not
With rumours abound that lockdown restrictions could be tightened in South Africa, Professor Salim Abdool Karim has given his take on any potential changes.